- Electronic >
Beam Control >
Moving Light Accessories Top Hats Accessory Holder Adapter Barndoor Beam Bender Blacktak™ Light Mask Foil Colour Extender Colour Frame Concentric Ring Donut Drop-In Boomerang Drop-In Iris Egg Crate Louver Glass Holder Image Multiplexer™ Lighting Shield Mainframe Sandwich Holder Chroma-Q Color Force / Color Kinetics Accessories
- Hardware >
- Software >
Multiverse® Studio Receiver
The DMX corded connector allows the Multiverse Studio Receiver and external antenna to hang below the lighting fixture, giving improved data fidelity.
The Multiverse Studio Receiver 2.4GHz (P/N 5905) contains a 2.4GHz radio, and allows the user to select which single universe to receive, and which radio band to use via the Multiverse SHoW ID. This model can be used worldwide.
|P/N||Name and What's in the Box||Licensed for Use in|
Multiverse Studio Receiver 2.4GHz
Includes: 5987 cable
Multiverse Transceivers are covered by U.S. Patent # 7,432,803 and other patents pending.
900MHz band is licensed for use in North America only.
- Long Life Rechargeable Battery: 20 hour battery life with default settings
- Rugged and Splashproof: An IP61 rated plastic case, making it splashproof and rainproof (but not for permanent outdoor use).
- User Selectable SHoW IDs: City Theatrical has always produced wireless DMX products that allow the user to select the optimum transmission method. Users may select full bandwidth hopping, hopping limited to a section of the spectrum (including areas of the spectrum outside of the Wi-Fi range), or adaptive hopping.
- Adaptive Spread Spectrum Frequency Hopping: Adaptive Spread Spectrum Frequency Hopping identifies and masks off hopping channels that contain interference, replacing them in the hop sequence with alternate channels.
- Adjustable Output Power: Sometimes an application calls for the most available broadcast power, but many entertainment systems can utilise lower output power to reduce detrimental effects on other radio systems in the venue, reduce reflections, and improve performance.
- Ultra Low Latency: Total average system latency of 4ms.
- mDMX (Multiverse SHoW IDs only)
- mRDM (Multiverse SHoW IDs only)
- SHoW Key Security (Multiverse SHoW IDs only)
- Forward Error Correction (Multiverse SHoW IDs only)
- Protocols supported: ANSI E1.11 DMX512-A; E1.20 RDM
- Compatible with all Multiverse and SHoW DMX Neo products
- User can select a single universe to receive
- A very simple user interface to set SHoW ID, universe, and other features
- RDM proxy and responder functions
- USB-Power Adaptor and USB-A to USB-C cable included
- Selectable display timeout and brightness level
- Selectable Auto Off Timeout
- Battery Time Remaining displayed in both hours/minutes and percent
- Contactless charging with the Multiverse Studio Kit or Multiverse Studio Add On Kit
Multiverse Studio Receiver 2.4GHz
Maximum Concurrent Universes
2400 – 2480 MHz
95.25mm (3.75 in)
Length with antenna
139.7mm (5.5 in)
46.0mm (1.812 in)
25.4mm (1.0 in)
4 Button/Backlit LCD display
Internal battery; included external power supply 100-240VAC input, 5VDC output USB-A
Internal lithium-ion polymer, 20-hour life on default operating settings
- Contactless charger: 3.5 hours
- USB-C: 2.5 hours
4 ms average
Loss of Data Behavior
3.2mW, 10mW, 32mW, 100mW EIRP
Adaptive, Full, Low, Mid, High, Max
Multiverse: 217; Neo: 70
RDM Proxy, RDM Responder
Indoor, Outdoor (splashproof, but not for permanent outdoor use)
-20º to 50ºC, 0 to 40ºC when charging
FCC, IC, CE, UKCA, ARIB, RoHS
|Here are the Wireless DMX Accessories for Multiverse Studio Receiver:|
|5987||USB-A to USB-C cable, 1m||Multiverse Studio Receivers 5904 and 5905|
|City Theatrical’s Multiverse® Studio Wireless DMX/RDM at the CBS original television series, The Unicorn||
City Theatrical’s Multiverse® Studio Kit, a wireless DMX solution for film & video projects, was recently used to provide wireless DMX/RDM for Season II of the CBS original television series The Unicorn. Long battery life, dual band operation, contactless charging, and rating for outdoor use are among the features of this new wireless DMX technology that were used during shooting. City Theatrical’s DMXcat® app allowed the team to switch their setups from anywhere on set.
|Multiverse Studio Kit wireless DMX on Everything's Gonna Be Okay on Freeform||Chief Lighting Technician Carlos M. Torres and his team for Freeform’s Everything’s Gonna Be Okay were looking for a robust and reliable wireless DMX solution for shooting Season II of the show at Calvert Studios. Upon prep, they found that the Multiverse Studio Kit provided the broadcast planning tools, dual band technology, long battery life, and contactless charging they were looking for|
|10/21/2021||1037 Multiverse wireless DMX/RDM Approved Antennas||This tech bulletin displays a table that lists all the approved antenna that can be used on Multiverse products and radio modules for OEM integration|