- Electronic >
Beam Control >
Moving Light Accessories Top Hats Accessory Holder Adapter Barndoor Beam Bender Blacktak™ Light Mask Foil Colour Extender Colour Frame Concentric Ring Donut Drop-In Boomerang Drop-In Iris Egg Crate Louver Glass Holder Image Multiplexer™ Lighting Shield Mainframe Sandwich Holder Chroma-Q Color Force / Color Kinetics Accessories
- Hardware >
- Software >
Multiverse® Studio Kit
City Theatrical’s Multiverse® Studio Kit brings the advanced technology of Multiverse wireless DMX/RDM system to the film and video world, featuring Receivers with 20 hour battery life and contactless charging in an easy to use kit.
The Multiverse Studio Kit provides all the tools lighting technicians need to quickly plan, setup, and operate wireless DMX/RDM on set. Each Multiverse Studio Kit includes:
- Six battery powered Multiverse Studio Receivers
- One Multiverse Transmitter with hanging bracket and clamp (for multi universe broadcasts)
- One Multiverse Node with hanging bracket and clamp (for single universe broadcasts)
- One DMXcat Multi-Function Test Tool (to turn on and troubleshoot any lighting fixture on set)
- One RadioScan Spectrum Analyzer (for broadcast planning)
- Plus, various accessories to keep your equipment organised, mounted, and charged.
The Multiverse Studio Kit 2.4GHz (P/N 5939) for Multiverse wireless DMX technology in the 2.4GHz band.
What comes in the Multiverse Studio Kit?
|Quantity||Product Name||Model in 5939 Kit: (2.4GHz)|
Multiverse® Studio Receiver
Multiverse Transmitter, with mounting bracket
Multiverse Node, with mounting bracket
DMXcat® Multi-Function Test Tool
RadioScan® Spectrum Analyzer
USB-A to USB-C cable, 1m
Power Cord, PowerCON True 1, 8’ long
Mounting Clamps (attached to Multiverse Transmitter and Multiverse Node)
Pelican case with contactless charging
USB flash drive with product manuals, software, and other information
- Contactless Charging: The Multiverse Studio Kit has contactless charging in an easy to use kit.
- Long Life Rechargeable Battery: 20 hour battery life with default settings
- Rugged and Splashproof: An IP61 rated plastic case, making it splashproof and rainproof (but not for permanent outdoor use).
- User Selectable SHoW IDs: City Theatrical has always produced wireless DMX products that allow the user to select the optimum transmission method. Users may select full bandwidth hopping, hopping limited to a section of the spectrum (including areas of the spectrum outside of the Wi-Fi range), or adaptive hopping.
- Adaptive Spread Spectrum Frequency Hopping: Adaptive Spread Spectrum Frequency Hopping identifies and masks off hopping channels that contain interference, replacing them in the hop sequence with alternate channels.
- Adjustable Output Power: Sometimes an application calls for the most available broadcast power, but many entertainment systems can utilize lower output power to reduce detrimental effects on other radio systems in the venue, reduce reflections, and improve performance.
- Ultra Low Latency: Total average system latency of 4ms.
- mDMX (Multiverse SHoW IDs only)
- mRDM (Multiverse SHoW IDs only)
- SHoW Key Security (Multiverse SHoW IDs only)
- Forward Error Correction (Multiverse SHoW IDs only)
- Protocols supported: ANSI E1.11 DMX512-A; E1.20 RDM
- Compatible with all Multiverse and SHoW DMX Neo products
- User can select a single universe to receive
- A very simple user interface to set SHoW ID, universe, and other features
- RDM proxy and responder functions
- USB-Power Adaptor and USB-A to USB-C cable included
- Selectable display timeout and brightness level
- Selectable Auto Off Timeout
- Battery Time Remaining displayed in both hours/minutes and percent
Need help getting started? The USB flash drive included with each kit contains the user manual for each product in the kit, software downloads, and other useful information. Here are the three basic steps involved in setting up a system:
1. Use the RadioScan Spectrum Analyzer to view the radio activity in the spectrum around you, and choose the area of the spectrum in which you want to broadcast. Use the Multiverse SHoW IDs tab on RadioScan to help choose a SHoW ID.
2. Enter the SHoW ID you chose into the Multiverse Transmitter or Multiverse Node you are using, and into each Multiverse Studio Receiver.
3. Enter the universe you are broadcasting, and an optional SHoW Key, into the Multiverse Transmitter or Multiverse Node you are using, and into each Multiverse Studio Receiver.
|Product Information||Multiverse Studio Kit 2.4GHz|
Maximum Concurrent Universes
1 – 10
2400 – 2480 MHz
4 ms average
Loss of Data Behavior
3.2mW, 10mW, 32mW, 100mW EIRP
Adaptive, Full, Low, Mid, High, Max
Multiverse: 217; Neo: 70
RDM Proxy, RDM Responder
FCC, IC, cETLus Listed, CE, RoHs
0º to 40ºC when charging
|Multiverse Studio Kit wireless DMX on Everything's Gonna Be Okay on Freeform||Chief Lighting Technician Carlos M. Torres and his team for Freeform’s Everything’s Gonna Be Okay were looking for a robust and reliable wireless DMX solution for shooting Season II of the show at Calvert Studios. Upon prep, they found that the Multiverse Studio Kit provided the broadcast planning tools, dual band technology, long battery life, and contactless charging they were looking for|
|City Theatrical’s Multiverse® Studio Wireless DMX/RDM at the CBS original television series, The Unicorn||
City Theatrical’s Multiverse® Studio Kit, a wireless DMX solution for film & video projects, was recently used to provide wireless DMX/RDM for Season II of the CBS original television series The Unicorn. Long battery life, dual band operation, contactless charging, and rating for outdoor use are among the features of this new wireless DMX technology that were used during shooting. City Theatrical’s DMXcat® app allowed the team to switch their setups from anywhere on set.
|Multiverse Studio Wireless DMX/RDM at Web Studios||
“To credit the Multiverse design, it’s as simple to change as changing a SHoW ID. Getting familiar with the Kit was simple.”
- Neil Bestwick, Lighting Designer, Energy Arts LLC, on studio for corporate web series installation project in Redmond, Washington
When lighting designer Neil Bestwick was looking to create a permanent installation for two adjacent web studios which were only 20 feet apart within an active R&D facility, he knew he needed reliable gear to broadcast wireless DMX without interference from one studio to the other, with the option of using the 900MHz band to reduce interference from Wi-Fi traffic on the 2.4GHz band going forward. He used City Theatrical's Multiverse® Studio Kit 900MHz/2.4GHz to achieve this goal, which included all the tools he needed for a successful long term wireless DMX broadcast as well as useful tools like the RadioScan® Spectrum Analyzer for broadcast planning and DMXcat® Multi Function Test Tool for troubleshooting.
|Multiverse 900MHz Wireless DMX/RDM for Netflix Film End of the Road||
“Being on location makes everything more complicated. The ability to sign into any Multiverse wireless DMX device with my smartphone’s DMXcat app and check responses was unbelievably cool and deeply reassuring. We used everything in the Multiverse Studio Kit and the contactless charging was phenomenal.”
- Mark LaPierre, Programmer, End of the Road
Netflix's End of the Road is a high-octane action thriller based in New Mexico. Lighting team members included Director of Photography Ed Wu, Chief Lighting Technician Lamarr “Gooch” Gray, Assistant Chief Lighting Technician Dwayne Willis, and Programmer Mark LaPierre, with lighting package the MBS Group. One Multiverse® Studio Kit and an additional Multiverse Node transceiver were used to provide wireless DMX/RDM for various on location shoots in the desert over two months. Find out how their 900MHz Multiverse wireless DMX solution helped them achieve 1,000-foot range broadcasts over mines, broadcast through glass and metal windows, and overcome extreme temperatures and traffic on the 2.4GHz band, in this City Theatrical case study Q&A with Mark LaPierre.
|10/21/2021||1037 Multiverse wireless DMX/RDM Approved Antennas||This tech bulletin displays a table that lists all the approved antenna that can be used on Multiverse products and radio modules for OEM integration|